a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Best New Music: Fall 2015

As Fall ends and Winter creeps up on us (just kidding... it's 80 degrees here), I thought I'd share some of my favorite new albums of the past few months. These are all artists I have listened to before, and I was so excited to get some new material from them! Definitely give at least one of these albums a listen on your lazy Sunday afternoon.


source: Rolling Stone




I'm a huge fan of The Strokes, and after seeing Albert Hammond Jr. open for Jake Bugg a couple of years ago in Los Angeles, I fell in love. Last year, while binge-watching every season of Gossip Girl, I was elated to hear "Hard To Live In The City" and "In Transit" in two different episodes. Now, Albert Hammond Jr. is back, and I couldn't be happier. My favorite songs are "Losing Touch" and "Razors Edge." Check out Rogue Magazine's interview with Albert Hammond Jr., and if you want to read more, buy our debut issue!



source: pitchfork



Like Albert Hammond Jr., I've been a fan of Vampire Weekend for a looooong time, and so I've been following the solo project of Baio (who plays bass) for a while now. Previous releases have been great, and this album didn't disappoint. "Sister of Pearl" plays on the radio all the time, and it always gets me in a good mood.


source: stereogum



I saw Grimes at New York Fashion Week back in September, and freaked out. We were staying at the same hotel, and she was waiting outside for an Uber when I was doing the same. It was great. After hearing "SCREAM" before Art Angels was released, I was kinda scared for this album... I really hate that song, it's too abrasive for my little ears. But, in all honesty, the rest of the album is awesome. A lot of people are complaining that it's "too poppy" and too much unlike Grimes' past work, but I love it. My favorites include "California" and "Pin."


Source: altmusicbox


Swim Deep's first album Where The Heaven Are We holds a special place in my heart. I've been following them every since that release, and their sophomore album did not disappoint. It's psychedelic, noisey, and fun. My favorite songs are "Green Conduit" and "Fueiho Boogie."

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment