a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, November 30, 2015

Monthly Music Mailbag: November 2015

Disclaimer: I'm writing this on November 29th, and as today is November 30th, that means the new Animal Collective single, "FloriDada," has been released. This will inevitably effect my November list; even though I haven't even heard the song yet, I'm sure it's amazing, and you should all go search for it and give it a listen. Now, without further ado, my five favorite songs from the month of November!

UPDATE: "FloriDada" has, in fact, been released as of this morning. Animal Collective's new album Painting With will be released February 19th... the countdown begins. Also, "FloriDada" is now my honorary #1 for this month.


 


5. JUST LIKE WE NEVER SAID GOODBYE - Sophie


I'm loving London collective PC Music right now. This isn't the first Sophie song I heard - you might recognize his track "Lemonade" from a recent McDonald's commercial. His sound is unique, his image is very mysterious, and his aesthetic makes me extremely happy.

4. Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games - Of Montreal


I heard this song on Sirius XMU at the beginning of the month, and the bass line instantly got me hooked. I put it on my "starred" Spotify playlist, and I've been jamming out to it ever since.

3. Hey QT - QT


Sophie produced this song, so it's a little similar to his own work - most noticeably, the pitched-up female vocals. I'm loving high female vocals right now (think the rest of PC Music, Grimes, Chvrches, Purity Ring). This song is such a banger, too.

2. California - Grimes


Speaking of Grimes, although some fans cite this song as one of her worst on Art Angels, I love it. I love the pop sound, and it really bugs me when people can't get past that - pop music doesn't have to be bad by default. Also, it's about California, so I'm a little biased. Very catchy.

1. Sick Beat - Kero Kero Bonito


One of the guys in Kero Kero Bonito also goes by Kane West, who (surprise surprise) is part of PC Music. This song does really have a sick beat, which distracts me from the fact I cannot understand a word of Japanese. Just give at a try... it's great, I promise.

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment