a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Kanye West x Adidas Originals - Style For Less

Okay, so if you're like me, you freaked out when Kanye West debuted his Yeezy Season 1 line last year. I loved it. I thought the ripped-up sweatshirts, basic colors, and simplicity were great. There was only one thing that really disappointed me...

The price tag.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about investing in quality. I use Poshmark, an awesome resale website, to make money off of clothes I don't wear anymore, and I use it to buy great pieces from brands like Acne Studios and Opening Ceremony that I'll keep forever. But when I saw the price point of some of Mr. West's designs, I just thought it was insane. I went out hunting, and I found some similar pieces that get the job done and won't break the bank.

yeezy - style for less #1




This knit bralette is from Abercrombie & Fitch. While Kanye's version is marketed as a "sports bra," I'm guessing it doesn't really offer much support... so I went searching for a similar style in "bralette" form. Really, any textured fabric works for this one - Kanye's version is ribbed - so I went for the knit.

I actually bought this tan cropped sweatshirt from American Apparel at the Factory Flea Market (for half the price!) the other week. It's great quality, and the first thing my mom said when I showed her my new purchase was, "Oh, are you Kim K now?"


yeezy - style for less #2




I must admit, I'm a sucker for a good backpack. I've had to use one for the past 12 years of my life, and I think they make great everyday bags, since they're so handy (and roomy). Kanye's version is super cool, but I'm not about to spend nearly $600 when I forked out around $100 for Fjällräven's Kanken backpack (to be fair, it's lasted me three years of school so far). The budget-friendly version by Kenneth Cole is still genuine leather, and has the same two-pocket detailing.

Okay, who's going to spend $285 on a black crop top??? Kanye, what are you thinking? This $40 version from Zara is insanely similar. You'll be looking like a Yeezy model in no time.

xx Alyssa

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! The Yeezy collection is so pricey and these are some great alternatives, especially love the american apparel top
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding dupes for designer things. The yeezy designs have an already "been there done that" feel, so I would never pay that much for em.

    www.indigoritual.com

    ReplyDelete