a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Sunday, December 27, 2015

LEIBSTER AWARD 2015

Hello lovelies! So the weirdest thing just happened to me - I fell asleep around 10 PM in my hotel room here in NYC, had a full dream, woke up feeling refreshed and thinking it was like, 5 AM, checked my phone, and realized it was only 10:42 PM. WHAT???? I'm so confused. Anyways, I'm having trouble going back to sleep now, so what better to do than blog! 


just a fun little drawing that's in my art portfolio I thought I'd share

The lovely Serena from The Royal Introvert nominated me for the Liebster Award this year, and I couldn't be more excited! I did this last year, and it was so much fun. I guess I'm just a narcissist, but I love answering questions and writing up little facts about my self. 


I already thanked Serena, and I'm really terrible with #2 - I can't pick who to nominate, I'm sorry I'm sorry! Consider yourself nominated if you are reading this right now. 

11 Questions From "The Royal Introvert"

  1. What is your New Years resolution? I'm going to try to journal more, and I want to clean out my closet/room/home in general before I head off to college next Fall!
  2. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? Iceland, or maybe somewhere in Scandinavia like Stockholm or Copenhagen. 
  3. What is your favorite memory of 2015? I took a class at Brown this summer, and made some great friends there. We pulled a few all-nighters, which were hilarious. I also had an amazing 4th of July!
  4. What is your favorite book? Submarine by Joe Dunthorne.
  5. Why? It's the perfect mix of humor and teenage angst, and it also has an amazing film adaptation.
  6. Sum up your personality in one word: Eclectic (thx to college applications, I've gotten good at this)
  7. What is your favorite song? Probably "Wetsuit" by The Vaccines.
  8. What is your favorite blog to follow? I can't choose!
  9. Why did you begin blogging? I loved fashion (especially DIY projects), and I thought "Tavi Gevinson can do it, so why can't I?"
  10. What was your favorite Christmas gift? I got this suede coat from the Alexa Chung AG collection that I've been lusting over for EVER!
  11. Did it snow where you live? Not at my house (it never does), but it snowed in Mammoth Mountain, where I was skiing a few days before Christmas!

11 Random Facts About Myself

  1. My favorite TV shows are Gossip Girl, Adventure Time, New Girl, and various shows on the Science Channel (think How It's Made and Mythbusters).
  2. My favorite movies are The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, Submarine, (500) Days of Summer, God Help The Girl, Pulp Fiction, and Frances Ha.
  3. I'm in New York City right now on vacation - my Visions of New York City have come true!
  4. It's raining outside my hotel right now, and my brother and I are listening to "Young Lion" by Vampire Weekend.
  5. I'm scared of growing up, but I can't wait to go to college.
  6. My favorite colors are forest green and light blue.
  7. I have two cats named Rico and Bella.
  8. The last concert I went to was CHVRCHES and Baio at the Fonda Theatre a few weeks ago.
  9. If I could have coffee with any famous person right now, it'd probably be Alexa Chung. 
  10. I drive a white Volkswagen Beetle named Sadie (after "Sexy Sadie" by The Beatles).
  11. I'm the youngest of my friends - I'll go to college still being 17!
11 Questions For My Nominees (aka everyone reading this)

  1. What are your favorite TV shows?
  2. Favorite movies?
  3. Did you visit anywhere over the holidays?
  4. What was the last song you listened to?
  5. Where do you think you'll be a year from now?
  6. What are your favorite colors?
  7. Do you have any pets?
  8. Have you been to any concerts/shows/museum exhibits recently?
  9. If you could chat in a cafe with any famous person right now, who would it be and what would you eat? 
  10. What's your dream car?
  11. How old/young are you compared to your friends?

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see that you already made a post! I loved reading it, and you're not a narcissist, I love doing things like that too!

    xoxo serena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for nominating me!! xx

      Delete