a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, December 21, 2015

TRIP TO MAMMOTH

First of all, I am SO excited to be on Winter Break! The last couple of days, I've been finishing up my college applications, packing for New York, and generally chilling out and catching up on a lot of sleep. My family goes skiing every year over the first weekend of Winter Break, and even if it's only for two days, it's one of my favorite times of the year.




 The sunset along the horizon as we drive through the Mojave Desert is beautiful. Normally, I'm not a fan of the brown desert floor, but when you're speeding past it in this kind of orange glow, it's beautiful. The mountains far off in the distance turn purple, and everything seems to slow down. Once it finally gets dark, you can see so many stars that aren't visible in LA due to light pollution. 

  

          
  

This time around, we had the best snow in years due to recent storms - it even snowed on Saturday while I was on the mountain. It was cold,  but beautiful. I snapped these pics on the chairlift. One of my favorite things in the world is skiing down a quiet slope filled with powdery snow, listening to music - the best song for skiing is probably White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes. What can I say, I love my folky winter tunes!



xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. I play that song whenever I'm in a winter setting! They capture it so perfectly. I always imagine a Fantastic Mr. Fox-esque winter scene with tons of cute animals building snowmen and having campires and such. And there is like a fight/standoff/brawl between two groups of animals heheh. My silly imagination.

    www.indigoritual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I love that! Such a cute visualization! Glad I'm not the only one.

      Delete