a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A TRIP TO LACMA

In the second installment of "Alyssa Does Fun Things Because She's A Second Semester Senior," my whole AP Art History class took a field trip to LACMA yesterday. The last time I visited the museum was in 4th grade, so you could say I was excited. We made a pact to take artsy, candid pictures of each other throughout our trip... here are some of them!


I finally got to see this Matisse piece, which is one of my favorite pieces ever. I even wrote about it in one of my college application essays! Also, if you're wondering:

Sweatshirt: Opening Ceremony
Skirt: Vintage
Bag: Opening Ceremony


There was a wicked awesome exhibition full of lights and projections which my friends and I were all over.


Hannah was really observing the planet videos deeply. 


The bees really got us. Very cool.


Are we in the set of Hotline Bling yet?

We were so excited about the projections that we just danced around among the bees and looked like complete weirdos.


Me, dancing, with bees!


Me, Lichtenstein, and Wohnseifer.


And finally, the hypest of all exhibitions, James Turrell's Breathing Light. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, so I snuck one as we were putting our shoes back on. It was a ridiculous experience. For about eight minutes, me and six other friends were standing in a curved room, wearing hospital booties, staring into what seemed to be an abyss of light. It changed our perception of the outside completely, and I'm so glad I finally got to see it!

xx Alyssa

3 comments:

  1. these are adorable pictures! it's my dream to go to lacma one day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to. I can't believe it took me so long to go!

      Delete
  2. Its amazing to know about LACMA. I also love to attend such events, so thanks for sharing great pictures here dear. You know my last event was at LA venues and my friends were with me. Now I am waiting for my next event.

    ReplyDelete