a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

MELROSE TRADING POST / AMOEBA RECORDS

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to say that I'm finally a second semester senior in high school - I had my last final exam on Friday, and now I'm starting the last eights of my high school experience! It's exciting, scary, and a crazy feeling. I didn't have any homework on tests to prepare for over the weekend, so I spent a lot of it exploring Los Angeles. On Sunday, I headed over to the Melrose Trading Post, stopping by the LA Farmer's Market and Amoeba Records afterwards.





The flea market always makes me happy. I picked up this super cute top from Purrr Melrose, one of my favorite brands (which uses vintage/deadstock fabric!) for Coachella. Only 90 days until Coachella... Ahhhh! Anyways, I love this top and the tie-up detail, and it goes perfectly with my denim skort from Purrr. 

After hitting the flea market, I always love to go down to the LA Farmer's Market for lunch. It's right next to Space 15 Twenty, which has Urban Outfitters, Free People, and sometimes even some cool vintage booths - but my favorite place in the area is Amoeba Records. It was a madhouse in there on Sunday for some reason, and there was a lot of Bowie record buying going on. I picked up Animal Collective's Honeycomb / Gotham EP in preparation for their upcoming album, Painting With


All in all, I had a great morning out, and bought some super cool things. Perfect start to being a second semester senior!

xx Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love flea markets too, but I don't get ot go to them nearly enough :p

    WonderGoth

    ReplyDelete