a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, January 11, 2016

Trendsetter Of The Month: AZARA SATIVA

Hello lovelies! I'm so excited to bring you the first installment of my new series, "Trendsetter Of The Month." Each month, I'll be diving into the wonderful world of fashion through the lenses of some of the coolest girls out there. 

The crown for first-ever Trendsetter is Azara Sativa, an LA-native with wicked cool style. I caught up with her to find out about her favorite brands, essential pieces, and more.







Now that it’s finally getting chilly in Los Angeles, what are you wearing to keep warm?

Jackets on jackets on jackets. They are my favorite item of clothing and now that I can wear them without be really uncomfortable and hot, it's a blessing. 


What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own?

You can't go wrong with a good pair of mom jeans, but I just recently purchased this blue satin bomber jacket with a Chinese dragon embroidered on the back and I can't stop wearing it. 



Who are your style icons?

I don't really have a particular person that I get my style from; it's more from different eras, my favorites being the 70s, 90s, and early 2000s. Also from different parts of the world like Asia and Europe. 


What’s one of your favorite brands right now?

I try to shop at thrift stores and flea markets more then name brands, but if I had to choose, I'd say Nasty Gal. 

What’s your favorite spot to go thrifting and why?

I LOVE going to Jet Rag by Melrose Ave (in Los Angeles), because every Sunday they have a 1$ sale where you can score some extra stellar stuff. There's also American Vintage, Slow, and Wasteland on Melrose. But if you're in the mood to spend some $$$, I'd say go to Virgo Downtown. They are super overpriced, but have some really really great items. 

If you had to keep your hair one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?

If I could have platinum hair for the rest of my life without my hair falling out, I would. 


Overrated or Underrated?

MOM JEANS: Underrated!!! EVERYONE wears them but that's only because they are the best thing ever. Cute AND comfortable! 

THE PINK WALL AT PAUL SMITH: Overrated. I'm being a hypocrite because I take pictures there all the time. But a couple years ago, I swear to God, I started going there before anyone else was and it was really exciting because it was like my secret special wall that everyone wanted to find... But now everyone knows where it is so its not special anymore. But it still makes for a super cute pic ;)

THOSE BUTTON-FRONT SKIRTS THAT EVERY STORE SELLS NOW: Overrated. I think they look good on certain people, but not enough to become such a fad.

COACHELLA MUSIC FESTIVAL: All of my friends disagree, but it's totally underrated. 



Thanks so much to Azara for sharing a little bit of her world of style! And don't worry, I agree... no matter how many watermelon-eating-photo girls there are at Coachella, I'll always love it. All photos courtesy of Azara - follow her Instagram @aazara, and stay tuned for next month's Trendsetter!

xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. Wowow this is such a cool series! Her style is AMAZING, can't go wrong with a good pair of mom jeans ^_-. Also that black and white photo with the tiles is so aesthetic, credit to whoever took it! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! Her style is so cute (and oh my god that kimono I'm hyperventilating!)

    WonderGoth

    ReplyDelete