a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, February 5, 2016

DOODLES

Yesterday, I shuffled through some of my old notebooks to find doodles I've done over the past couple of years. Now, I'm not the best at journaling, and my current habit is buying cute new notebooks before I fill my current ones... but nevertheless, I have done some quick work that I'm proud of. Here are a few pictures.


This is a drawing of model Arvida Byström and some Jake Bugg lyrics. I remember drawing this one when I was particularly angsty. 



This one was inspired by movies like God Help The Girl and Submarine.


I drew this based off of a picture I saw on Tumblr, and then wrote a little poetic caption. 


This massive doodle page was drawn on the flight home from my 2014 trip to England. I basically just copied all the photos I had taken on my phone, but I love the way it turned out! Gets me super nostalgic.

xx Alyssa

10 comments:

  1. your doodles are so cool!

    basicallyzaynab.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool! It's so fun to look back on old doodles and remember what you were thinking/feeling. Sometimes I find ones I don't even remember making, so it's like stumbling upon treasure.

    www.indigoritual.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they're amazing! I love the words combined with art, very aesthetic! x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this - especially the third one - the colours are so simple but stunning, really beautiful x (makes me feel i need to use coloured pencils again soon, i've mainly been obsessed with ink and watercolour - thanks for sharing!)

    safah |oh, how i wander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so obsessed with watercolor, doodling is like my little escape haha :)

      Delete