a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, February 4, 2016

HOW TO WEAR SOMETHING YOU NEVER WEAR (pt. 1)

Ok, admit it: we all have a few things in our closet that we never wear. I've read so much in the past year about cleaning out my closet, and I've really stuck to the whole "get rid of anything that doesn't spark joy" method. I've even read the book. Still, there are some things that I've kept that I never seem to wear. It's not that I don't love them; I mean, that's why I kept them in my closet in the first place! Half of the problem is the fact that I have a pretty strict dress code at school, but the other half is my laziness when picking outfits and finding what pieces work with what. Therefore, in an effort to get myself out of this styling funk, I'm going to make a bunch of posts with each one focusing on four different ways to wear a neglected item in my closet. Okay, let's get to it!

My mom bought me this adorable Wildfox baggy beach jumper with a rainbow heart on it a few years ago. It's perfect for Southern California weather, as it's super soft and not too heavy. Problem is, I literally can't remember the last time I wore it. I think it was for a Spirit Day when my grade had to wear all white at school? Anyways, it was definitely time to get down to business and figure out how to style this super cute sweater with other pieces I already have.


Image from Wildfox/Google Images



4 WAYS TO WEAR

4 WAYS TO WEAR by visionsofnyc 

NUMBER ONE: high waisted denim shorts, ray-ban clubmaster sunnies, nike AF1s

NUMBER TWO: white pleated tennis skirt, black chunky sandals, celine audrey sunglasses

NUMBER THREE: alexa chung x ag denim kety skirt, tan arizona birkenstocks, gold circle sunnies

NUMBER FOUR: white converse high-tops, ray-ban clubmaster sunnies, acne boyfriend jeans

Next time I wear this sweater, there will definitely be a little outfit of the day post! I'll keep you all updated.

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. I definitely have this problemmmm. I have a blue velvet crop top that I thrifted like 3 years ago, and I've only worn it maybe once. I look at it all the time and try to think of a way to wear it, but my mind draws a blank.

    www.indigoritual.com

    ReplyDelete