a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, February 19, 2016

HOW TO WEAR SOMETHING YOU NEVER WEAR: Nike Printed Slides

Ok, admit it: we all have a few things in our closet that we never wear. I've read so much in the past year about cleaning out my closet, and I've really stuck to the whole "get rid of anything that doesn't spark joy" method. I've even read the book. Still, there are some things that I've kept that I never seem to wear. It's not that I don't love them; I mean, that's why I kept them in my closet in the first place! Half of the problem is the fact that I have a pretty strict dress code at school, but the other half is my laziness when picking outfits and finding what pieces work with what. In an effort to get myself out of this styling funk, I'm writing the series "How To Wear Something You Never Wear." Today's task? Nike printed slides. 



I bought these slides at SIX:02 in Santa Monica this past summer. They're super cute and comfortable, but I always seem to style them too casually. I think they work best with the normcore trend, as they're printed, so I can't wear anything else too busy with them. Here's four different ways I think they'd work with pieces I already have in my wardrobe:

HOW TO WEAR SOMETHING YOU NEVER WEAR #2

HOW TO WEAR SOMETHING YOU NEVER WEAR #2 by visionsofnyc

1) skirt: vintage, top: american apparel
2) top: brandy melville, jeans: acne studios
3) top: brandy melville, shorts: vintage
4) skirt: american apparel, top: brandy melville

xx Alyssa

6 comments:

  1. yeah! I think they look best very normcore, too. I think they really can be subbed into any outfit you can wear white sneakers with.

    www.indigoritual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true now that I think about it!

      Delete
  2. Love the way you've styled them! They look like cool hip thongs! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I agree, I have a pair of shoes that are gorgeous but I could never wear! The way you styled them look great though, it looks super versatile to me! Hahaha <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, if I can do it, you can! Haha :)

      Delete