a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Trendsetter Of The Month: VICTORIA MORONTA

I'm so excited to bring you the second installment of my series "Trendsetter Of The Month." Each month, I'll be diving into the wonderful world of fashion through the lens of one of the coolest young girls out there. 


Victoria Moronta. The Girl With The Hair. "A girl who feels most alive on the open road or on the edge of the world, where land meets sea." A model, blogger, student, and overall badass gal. After stumbling upon Victoria's beautiful photos on Instagram, I instantly knew she was going to be my next Trendsetter. I got the awesome opportunity to discuss fashion, Almost Famous, and of course, her hair - and I'm so excited to share a tiny peek into Victoria's world of style with you all. All photos are from her Instagram, @_victoriamoronta.


What’s a trend/style that you’ve picked up during your travels? Anything from a different culture that’s inspired you?

I can't say I've picked up a trend from any cultures, however, I do envy the Balinese culture and how well they wear colors and patterns. 






What’s your favorite piece of clothing that you own?

 Anything I don't have to wear a bra with. 

What’s one of your favorite brands right now? 

I actually picked up quite a few turtle neck crop tops from Forever 21 last week. I've been pairing them with literally everything.

Do you ever get pieces from thrift stores? If so, what’s your favorite spot to go thrifting and why?

Yes! My favorite spots are the run down ones tucked away in a small town. That's where you find the prettiest gems. 

Who are your style icons?

Penny Lane in Almost Famous




What was the last piece of clothing you bought?

An oversized olive green jacket from Forever 21 - I've been trying to get away with wearing it every day. I swear, I will spend my last penny on anything olive green <3

People know you as “the girl with the hair,” but do you ever like wearing head accessories like headbands, hats, etc. (if so, what’s your favorite)? Or do you just leave it up to your awesome locks?

I have a Brixton hat that I fancy, or I'll sometimes wrap a thrifted scarf around my noggin' to create a bohemian, turban-esque look, but usually I let my locks do their thang.




Overrated or Underrated?

BIRKENSTOCKS (bonus: with socks):Underrated. I wear mine with socks sometimes too!
KARDASHIAN-STYLE FACE CONTOURING: Eh, overrated.
ONE PIECE SWIMSUITS: Underrated - they are so cute and can be easily paired with baggy style boyfriend jeans. Effortless look!
KALE: Underrated. 

It's easy to see how Victoria is quite literally #goals. I guess all we can do is follow her on Instagram and hope some of her coolness rubs off onto the rest of us. Thanks so much to Victoria for chatting with me! 

 xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I love to have an insight on someone elses style, she also has an epic insta feed which is a bonus ^_- x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete