a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

WEEKEND TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO & BERKELEY

Hello lovelies! I recently had a four day weekend due to Presidents Day, so I decided to take a quick flight up to the Bay Area to see some friends and do a little exploring. I used to live in the East Bay and I go to the city every year for Thanksgiving to see family, but I really haven't gotten to see many parts of the area. I visited Berkeley, which was amazing, and spent Sunday in the city doing some shopping and eating.


My friend at UC Berkeley took me to the new art museum in downtown, which I loved. I even saw a few pieces from artists that I'm studying in AP Art History - I nerded out a little bit. 


We also checked out the UC's Botanical Gardens up in the hills. My favorite of the little greenhouses was the "Tropical House" (shoutout to Kygo) and the house full of succulents. So cute!



Sunday was spent in the city. We ate at this hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant that turned out to be delicious. I also took some selfies in the mirrors at Barneys, of course.




Top: American Apparel
Skirt: Purrr Melrose
Boots: Dr. Martens
Bag: Opening Ceremony
Sweater: Cheap Monday
Sunnies: Celine

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment