a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

BIRTHDAY BRUNCH AT MALIBU FARM CAFE

This past weekend was my friend Sarah's 17th birthday, so me and a few other friends (including Jen, who demanded a shoutout) basically spent all of Saturday and Sunday celebrating with her. After an awesome dinner in West Hollywood the night before, we went to Malibu Farm Cafe for brunch on Sunday morning. It's probably my favorite brunch spot in the LA area (sorry Butcher's Daughter, I haven't visited your Abbot Kinney location yet) - the Swedish Mini Pancakes are soooooo good. Definitely recommend.




Look at them! So yummy! They're like mini crepes with the most amazing whipped cream and berry sauce. 


I was wearing a vintage crop top and vintage overalls from Melrose Trading Post, leather sandals my mom brought back from Italy, my Opening Ceremony bag, and Celine sunglasses.


Other than the fantastic food, Malibu Farm has some of the best restaurant real estate EVER. Look how beautiful the ocean is!


My friends are also pretty fashionable, too. Check out Sophia in the yellow jacket, Sarah with the distressed jeans, and Honour in the tie-up bodysuit. 



Here's a closer look at the pins on my overalls (from pen pals and traveling):


And finally, a picture of me and the birthday girl! HAPPY 17th SARAH!!!!

xx Alyssa

12 comments:

  1. WOW your friends top in the last photo is gorgeous and that brunch looks so good omg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?? Also, it was so delicious. I'm still happy about it.

      Delete
  2. You and your friend are beautiful! I love that black like cross over(?) top!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, her top is awesome... thank you!

      Delete
  3. Amazing outfits!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love this!

    alinathinks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos!! I adore your dungarees and the badges are so so cool! x

    heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete