a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, March 14, 2016

DAY IN VENICE, CA // THE BUTCHER'S DAUGHTER

After eating at The Butcher's Daughter Nolita location in NYC multiple times, my mom and I decided to try out the new Venice Beach location this past weekend. The Butcher's Daughter is a vegetarian restaurant best known for it's breakfast/brunch. The Venice location is much larger than the tiny NYC location, and it seemed like it had a bigger menu. It was definitely a hot spot when I went; I spotted multiple celebrities eating at the bar behind me. Move over, Kreation Kafe and Gjelina - there's a new trendy brunch place on Abbot Kinney!


The decor around the restaurant was adorable. Like the NYC location, little plants inhabited the counters and windowsills. 


The aesthetic was perfect. Crisp, white wood and walls, and mismatched blue (mostly denim) textiles on the benches, booths, and cushions. 


The food was great, of course. I got a vegan sticky bun, and it was delicious. Also perfectly portioned so you don't feel bad about eating a sticky bun!


Other than that, I had a banana peanut butter milkshake for my brunch. I can't remember what it was called, but it was sooooo yummy. A huge portion too, so you really get your $10 worth.


Outside of the restaurant on Abbot Kinney, there were two dudes selling flowers out of an old camper van. Only in Los Angeles.


There was also a mini street festival going on in the play area of the preschool at the end of the street.


I bought the cutest bikini from Swim Like A Mermaid... I'm obsessed!


xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment