a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

MY TOP NINE LOOKS

Hello everyone! Recently, I was encouraged by Social Print Studio, an awesome business that prints your Instagram photos so you can display your online feed in real life, to share some of my favorite looks over the years, and I jumped at the chance. This project is something I think some of you (hello fellow bloggers!!) might want to be a part of too!


I've been toying around with the idea of printing my Instagram shots for a while, especially since I'll be moving out within the next six months. I work for a magazine, so my love of print is clear - I'm obsessed with tangible photo albums! I've also checked out a few "street style" books, and I think a little album of my Outfit Of The Day posts like one from Social Print Studio's photo book collection would be such a cool coffee table piece. So, without further ado, here's nine of my favorite looks from my time blogging:

#9


top: Comme des Garçons
skirt: vintage
socks: some random store in Tokyo
shoes: Dr. Martens

I love this outfit because it toes the line perfectly between prep and urban style. Also, the pairing of my Comme des Garçons top and Tokyo socks is a cute little nod to Japan, a country I love. It's perfect for springtime in Southern California when it's too hot to wear a sweater but too cold to wear a t-shirt.

#8


top: Opening Ceremony
jeans: Acne Studios
shoes: Dr. Martens
sweater: Acne Studios

This is my NYC outfit... I'm not sure why. The crisp lines and color palette (the sweater is actually dark green) make me think of something from an Opening Ceremony wintertime editorial. I mean, the top is Opening Ceremony, and I did buy the sweater in NYC last year during NYFW. It's the most comfortable piece of clothing I've ever purchased, FYI. 

#7


top: Aritzia
skirt: American Apparel
tights: American Apparel
coat: Alexa Chung x AG
shoes: Dr. Martens
bag: Opening Ceremony
keychain: Topshop

I just realized that I'm wearing these boots in almost every one of these nine looks. Oh well, they go with everything and have lasted me so long already! I would categorize this as more of an LA look - I did wear it out to brunch in Venice. The coat, one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe, gives off a very 70s-California-dreamin' vibe, especially paired with the burnt orange top. 

#6


top: Nordstrom
skort: Purrr Melrose
shoes: mom brought them back from Italy
bag: vintage Coach

I wore this outfit in Balboa Island this past summer, which I think fits perfectly; the little island is a mix of California beach culture and classic prep, and this look is a mix of the two. It's not too surfer girl, not too put together... but a perfect balance. I'm also in love with this skort (I wore it so many times this past summer) because it makes my legs look longer (always good).

#5


dress: vintage
skirt: ASOS

This is one of my favorite outfits because of the 70s vibe. I've been obsessed with 70s style for a few years now, and I'd say this is my best attempt at imitating it: burnt orange suede, and a true vintage dress tucked in. I also wasn't even wearing shoes when this picture was taken. This outfit makes me miss summertime. 

#4


top: American Apparel
pants: UNIQLO
shoes: Dr. Martens
jacket: American Apparel/DIY

This is one of my favorite Outfit Of The Day posts because my jacket was so badass and I had just cut and colored my hair... so in general, I looked pretty sick. The Vaccines are one of my favorite bands, and they have this rad bomber jacket aesthetic (they wear them all the time in live performances and videos), so I decided to DIY my own for their concert in LA. It was a good idea, as you can tell.

#3


dress: Topshop
shoes: Vagabond
bag: vintage Louis Vuitton
jacket: vintage

This is probably my most complimented outfit ever. I wore this to a birthday party and felt very cool. It was the first time I used my vintage Louis Vuitton bag that I bought myself, and I think it worked perfectly. Also, my shiny Vagabond shoes always make me feel like a space princess.

#2


top: Drowners t-shirt from their concert (shoutout to Jen)
overalls: vintage
shoes: Birkenstock
bag: vintage Coach

If this outfit looks familiar, it's because I literally wore the same exact thing a week or so ago. It's one of my most-liked photos on Instagram, and it's so practical and comfy. I'm such a sucker for overalls when I'm doing art because they have so many compartments that are perfect for storing my phone (to listen to music), X-acto knives, scissors, pencils, etc... and you can never go wrong with a pair of comfy Birks. 

#1

 
top: Brandy Melville
skirt: Alexa Chung for AG
socks: Urban Outfitters
shoes: Dr. Martens
sunnies: Celine
backpack: Kanken

I might've chosen this look as my number one because this is one of my favorite photos of myself, but come on... I look pretty damn cool in this outfit. I don't wear knee socks often, but this was taken during NYFW last September and I'd just been in a pretty bad car accident the weekend before, which left a big scratch/cut above my left knee - you can see the big pinkish/brown bruised area in the picture. Anyways, the socks were originally covering the injury. The neck brace came off for this shot, too. Nevertheless, I had to dress well... it was my first Fashion Week! Something about New York City makes me dress impeccably. 

Which is your favorite out of these nine?

xx Alyssa

10 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you're going through old outfits to see which are your favourite. To be honest, I don't think I even have a Top 5! Haha! I love #3, I can see why you got so many compliments! It looks awesome! <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was hard picking nine!

      Delete
  2. Wow, all the looks are amazing!
    xoxo
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/donkeycool-4487669

    ReplyDelete
  3. so obsessed with your style <3

    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great style! love all your outfit!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That red bomber rocks!!!!


    www.delianastasia.com

    ReplyDelete