a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, March 11, 2016

OLD TRAVEL PHOTOS FROM JAPAN

It's been almost two years exactly since my trip to Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto), and I just realized I never really posted any of the photos I took on my trip! Here's a few that I dug up for a little throwback.



This is a koi pond found in a little sanctuary temple place... I actually think this was in Shanghai, where we flew into before heading over to Japan.


We went to a temple in Kyoto where schoolchildren make hundreds of paper cranes and hang them up on garlands in order to wish for good luck on their exams/getting into university. Maybe I should do this before I hear back from the colleges I applied to...


If you follow my blog, I'm sure you'll recognize this jacket. I bought it in a vintage store in Kyoto and have been wearing it all the time ever since.



I also visited a cat cafe, of course. It was the cutest thing ever. 


xx Alyssa

14 comments:

  1. Ahh, Kyoto/Tokyo looks like such fun! I'm in love with that bomber jacket, Alyssa, and cat cafes I've GOT to visit one day!!

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing cities! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. These photos are beautiful! I would love to visit Japan some day. x Alona

    gentleconfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would definitely recommend it x

      Delete
  3. when i first started reading this post, i was so jealous as i have always wanted to go to japan! then, i got to the part about the cat cafe and i think i might cry haha words cannot describe how much more i want to go now #crazycatlady

    xo Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss cat cafes are a must for the bucket list! So much fun!

      Delete
  4. All your photos look so fun - I'd love to visit Japan! I love your bomber too, the embroidered back is so cute, I want one just like it!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I went recently and loved it! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bomber is amazing! I love Japan!
    xoxo
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/donkeycool-4487669

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's such a fantastic country!

      Delete