a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

COACHELLA 2016 WEEKEND 1 (Day 1)

I'm back and finally recovered from my weekend in Indio, and of course, I have the pictures to prove it. This week, I'll be sharing photos of each day's outfit, activities, and musical highlights.




Here's me and my two best friends - this is the fourth year in a row that our squad has gone to Coachella! We're so cute. My hair is also slightly purple, which was an impulse decision on Thursday night. I'm wearing:

Top: Purrr Melrose
Skort: Purrr Melrose
Shoes: Converse
Hat: Columbia University (!!!)


I showed my sick moves at the KROQ tent with this disco duck.


Grimes! CHVRCHES! Flume!


I got to see Years & Years for the first time, which was so much fun. I became obsessed with Olly Alexander through the film God Help The Girl (in which he was the main character), and subsequently fell in love with Years & Years when one of my penpals from Poland sent me a mix CD full of their songs.


Ellie Goulding was really great - way better than expected! She had great energy, and the crowd was pretty into it. I didn't know that I knew so many Ellie Goulding songs, but I found myself singing along to almost every one.


LCD Soundsystem was, of course, ridiculously good. I was there alone (every single person I knew at the festival was at Rae Sremmurd), which was surprisingly a good experience. I danced, I cried. It was cathartic and so much fun.

Day 2 coming tomorrow!

xx Alyssa

2 comments: