a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, April 22, 2016

COACHELLA 2016 WEEKEND 1 (Day 3)

Well, today is officially the first day of Coachella Weekend 2 - I'm jealous! The good thing is that I don't have a ton of FOMO because literally everyone I know goes Weekend 1... but I do have a friend that went both weekends in 2014, and I've made it personal goal to pull that off sometime in the future. Here's my outfit and photos from Day 3 of this year's glorious festival.



My best friend was obviously very excited about the bubbles in The Do LaB. I'm wearing:
Top: Purrr Melrose
Skirt: American Apparel
Hat: Columbia University (Roar, Lions, Roar!!!)
Sunnies: Ray-Ban


I waited at the Outdoor Stage all day, seeing Girlpool > Wolf Alice > Cold War Kids > Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros > Beach House > Flume all from the front row. 


Beach House was so magical.


Although not everyone agreed with me, I thought Flume's closing set was amazing. He played a lot of new stuff off of his upcoming album, Skin. Also, Lorde was in the crowd - I'm so glad he played his remix of "Tennis Court."


I would say "until next year," but I don't think that'll be happened since I'm going to be living across the country!

xx Alyssa

10 comments:

  1. Oh my god maaaajorly jealous of you going to Coachella, especially because you saw Wolf Alice who I'm obsessed with right now! Love your outfit too <3
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these photo's are so pretty! Love all your outfits from Coachella :) - and very jealous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the festival makeup! So lucky that you got to see Wolf Alice AND Girlpool all in one day! wow <3
    malimichaelablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw amazing, so jealous! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girlpool and Beach house? Why can't I live in America?
    Love your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both of them so much - I actually have a lot of mutual friends with cleo and harmony from girlpool, so it was so cool seeing them after last time being a tiny show in LA around 3 years ago!

      Delete