a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Saturday, April 30, 2016

MONTHLY MUSIC MAILBAG: April 2016

It's the last day of April, which means it's time to round up my top 5 most played songs of the past month. Give each a listen, and tell me what you think in the comments! 


#5 "Judy and the Dream of Horses," Belle & Sebastian

I've recently been listening to a lot of Belle & Sebastian's older discography, and I instantly fell in love with this song. It's so soft and lovely!


#4 "A Sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger," Of Montreal

This song played on one of the Spotify radio stations I was listening too, and it quickly caught my ear. It's fun, poppy, and just the right amount of weird.


#3 "Maud Gone," Car Seat Headrest

I've been hearing a lot about Car Seat Headrest lately, so I decided to check out Teens of Style. While I generally liked the album, this song stood out the most to me on the first listen. It's melancholy and quite beautiful.


#2 "Ottowa to Osaka," Chairlift

This song is so groovy... the synths just slide all over the place and it makes me so happy. I tried to run on a treadmill listening to this song, but I ended up just dancing instead.


#1 "Fool," Frankie Cosmos

Last month, I said I'd been listening to Frankie Cosmos' "Young" a lot. I went to New York at the very beginning of April to visit my future college (Columbia University!!!!), and listened to her most recent album, Next Thing, the whole plane ride there and back. Its beauty is definitely in its simplicity.


What have you been listening to this month?

xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. I've been so into Belle and Sebastian lately! I've been listening to the album Write about love, I'll hear the one you recommend because I'll probably like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also been listening to Frankie Cosmos nonstop!! The songs are so cute, I love them.

    ReplyDelete