a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, April 7, 2016

MOVING TO NEW YORK (my college decision)

Ok, ok, I have some big news. If you follow me on Instagram, you might've seen my posts recently about a big move I'm going to make in the next few months. I'm so unbelievably excited to finally be able to say that in August, I'll be moving to New York City to attend Columbia University!!!!!!


I've literally never been more excited for anything in my life. Ok, maybe I was this excited the first time I went to Coachella. But in all honesty, this is the biggest change I've ever experienced, and I cannot wait. Columbia is such an amazing institution with world-class academics and resources, and after spending some time in my class page on Facebook, I'm positive that my classmates are some of the most interesting and intelligent 17-18 year olds on the planet. Also, now I can really be the next member of Vampire Weekend (someone's gotta fill in for Rostam Batmanglij).


Look how beautiful this is!! I mean!! This is going to be my view every day. I can't believe it. Also, I can finally listen to Vampire Weekend's self titled, specifically "Campus," in the way it was meant to be listened to: walking across Columbia's campus. 


Other than the amazing school I'm about to become a part of, I'm also incredibly psyched to be in New York City. I mean, this blog is called Visions of New York City!!! My visions have come true! Do I have to change my blog title now? 


staring out an almost prison-like window during New York Fashion Week S/S '16


exploring Nolita after brunch at the Butcher's Daughter


checking out the view from the Whitney Museum of American Art


walking around the Highline


watching the sunset just before dinner at ABC Kitchen


bonus photo: the view from an apartment I stayed at in Greenwich Village back in, like, 2009!

I'm still in disbelief that I actually got a letter from Columbia that included the word "congratulations," and living in New York is going to be one of the best experiences ever. 

xx Alyssa

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations! and lovely photos as always <3

    malimichaelablog.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is so cool!!! Congrats! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw! I'm sure you will have SUCH an amazing time, congrats ^_^

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS OMG I'm so jealous, you'll have the best time ever <3
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! This is such exiting news, you've got so much to look forward to!! Also love the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! it's kinda ridiculous!

      Delete