a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Sunday, April 24, 2016

SUNDAY LINKS #1

Ah, Sunday. Every Sunday around 5 PM, I start feeling this strange mix of guilt and motivation. Why? Well, I always feel guilty for procrastinating on whatever work I need to have done for school on Monday, and that sort of translates into a motivation to the best I possibly can in school/be a better person in general. Also, I normally feel guilty about not posting enough the week before. In an attempt to cure myself of this Sunday feeling, I'm going to start posting a roundup of interesting, entertaining, important, etc. links from every corner of the internet I explored during the past week.



Swim Deep, and indie-dream-pop band from the United Kingdom, is holding a crowdfunder to "Help Swim Deep Tour North America." After releasing their second album Mothers in 2015, the band are eager to get across the pond for their first ever US headlining tour - so eager, in fact, that the 20+ purchasable items include an in-house DJ set full of Bieber songs, a personalized mix CD, and if you really want, "Zack will give you a haircut." 

BeyoncĂ© dropped Lemonade, but I was more excited about the writing credits than the music itself. The album includes contributions from Father John Misty, Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend, Jack White, and (best of all), Animal Collective. Noah Lennox, Dave Portner, and Brian Weitz (the lineup during AnCo's Merriweather Post Pavilion era) are all credited in writing "6 Inch," as BeyoncĂ© took inspiration from their song "My Girls" in the melody and lyrics.  

The second season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was released, and I only have two more episodes to watch before I finish it.  I don't really have more information about this one... just that I'm kind of a pathetic binge-watching second semester high school senior.

Fitness tracking company Jawbone ranked Columbia University as #1 in its study of the most sleep-deprived schools in the nation.  This doesn't change my excitement about becoming a member of the class of 2020 one bit, but I'm a little frightened. I need my beauty sleep. Roar, lions, roar!

"The Coachella flu is real," says a Reddit user.  I can confirm. Ever since I started attending the festival in 2013, I've been sick after. This year, nearly half of my friends at school came back from Indio with some form of sickness. Today, a week after I braved Weekend 1, finally marks my recovery to top form.

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment