a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

WEEKEND TRIP TO NYC

Ok, so my whole entire sleeping schedule is messed up and it took me nine hours to travel back home, but my last three days in New York City were incredible. I was visiting Columbia University's admitted students program - I met the most amazing perspective students and talked to countless insanely impressive current ones. I'm so glad I made the right decision to spend the next four years of my life at Columbia!!!















I flew in on Saturday and spent the day with some of my friends that live in Manhattan. We caught up, ate Korean food, and celebrated the end of all of our college application processes. The next morning, we ate a delicious brunch at Sarabeth's (I got the scrambled eggs popover) before I took a cab up to Morningside Heights for Columbia's Days on Campus program.

Of course, I had to get some kind of aesthetically pleasing latte, because what else would I do in New York (other than buy stuff at Acne Studios)? This chai latte was probably the best part of my day.


The campus was all decked out with balloons and decorations, and even though it was pretty chilly outside for an LA girl like me, I loved sitting on the steps of Low Library and staring off at my future home. 


Monday was cloudy (but warmer), and when I wasn't listening to different student panels, participating in activities, or consuming copious amounts of food, I walked around the campus listening to "Campus" by Vampire Weekend and just generally loving life. ROAR LION ROAR!!!!!


xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment