a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, May 30, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Beverly Hills and Opening Ceremony (day 14)

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


On day 14, I went out to brunch at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills. I was too intimidated by all of the crazy rich hotel guests and the signs in the spa that said "NO CELL PHONES," so, unfortunately, there are no photos. You're just going to have to take my word on this one. I got the tortilla soup, and it was delicious.

Before heading home, I had to stop at Opening Ceremony's sale. I picked up two awesome pieces that I can't wait to wear:


This was in the Men's section, but to be honest, I don't really give a shit. I needed this Raf Simons tee. 



If you've been reading my blog for the past couple of months, you've probably heard I'm trying to become (at least more of) a minimalist. This means sticking to mainly black, white, and neutral-colored clothing. This asymmetrical black dress from Acne Studios looked good on me in the dressing room, so I bought it - "but black isn't a spring color!" says my mother in the distance. Sorry, mom!

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment