a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, May 23, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: The Getty Museum (day 5)

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


Last Friday, day number five of this lovely series (sorry I skipped over you, day four), was so much fun. I went to the Getty Museum, which I haven't visited since 2014. I blame myself for not getting any photographs of the actual art on display - I had taken my last AP exam EVER on Art History the day before, so I was too busy nerding out over all of the pieces I recognized to actually get photos of them. Nevertheless, here's a snap of one of the amazing views you can get when you look out at the city from one of the higher levels:


I've always thought this view of Los Angeles is spectacular. You can see the ocean fog creeping in on the right, the green trees make it seem like we're not actually in a drought, and, to the left (not pictured) is a beautiful view of traffic on the 405. So stereotypical.

The moral of this post is that if you're in Los Angeles, the Getty Museum is definitely worth checking out. The art is so beautiful, and the museum's gardens are a great place to just hang out and enjoy a nice day. Also, admission is free!

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment