a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Reformation Sample Sale (day 2)

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


On my second out of 100 days left in Los Angeles, I went to a sample sale of one of my favorite brands, Reformation. I heard about the sale through an Instagram post, and within 20 minutes, my mom and I were out the door on our way to do some shopping. Since New York actually experiences seasons, I've been giving away/selling a lot of my clothes and looking for new pieces that can work through a multitude of different weather conditions. Here's what I picked up at the sale. 

Brinsley Coat



I've been wanting this coat for the longest time, and I'm so happy I found it at the sale! I actually almost bought it on Poshmark a couple of months ago. Since I wear so many high waisted skirts and pants, I'm always looking for cute cropped outerwear to pair with it. Between this new coat and my cropped black Acne Studios denim jacket, I think I'm set!

Mara Coat



This coat was another steal. Originally priced at over $300, I got this for under $60. It has a speckled outer shell and a lovely black lining, and it's the perfect weight for New York chill. Growing up, I never really bought an actual coat (and a cute one at that), so I'm really excited about this piece.  

Rye Top



I've really been loving this tan color that seems to be everywhere now (probably because of Kanye West's usage of it), and I can't wait to wear this top tucked into high waisted skirts and jeans. So cute!

I couldn't find the actual names of these last two pieces online, but I'll describe them to you as best as I can. This super soft t-shirt, stuffed into the corner of one of the $10 boxes, instantly caught my eye. I'm all about obnoxiously displaying feminist sentiments, so I couldn't resist.


Finally, I picked up this simple black jersey dress. It's the same material as the Rye top. I've been looking for a casual black dress for the longest time, and this one is perfect; not too short, not too tight, and super easy to throw on.


I'd say this was a good use of a day! What's your favorite out of these pieces? I think the Mara coat is it for me - I cannot wait to wear it come autumn in New York City.

xx Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. nice!
    http://arganrainshampooproduct.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete