a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Sunday, May 29, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Venice For Breakfast (day 13)

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


On Saturday morning, my brother woke me up and demanded I take him somewhere fun for breakfast. The combination of his hunger and knowing how much we're going to miss each other when I move to New York inevitably led me to say "ok," so we hopped in the car and visited one of Venice Beach's food trucks.


We both got these delicious sandwiches with egg, cheese, and bacon. I also had them put "kill sauce" on it, which was definitely spicy, but I do not regret my choice.


Aaaaaand here's a stereotypical picture of the VENICE street sign.


The following photo is from the previous night in Santa Monica, but it goes with the beachy theme, so I needed to share.


Another wonderful day in Los Angeles!

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment