a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

MONTHLY MUSIC MAILBAG: May 2016

Happy almost June 1st! I'm graduating high school in 10 days, what???? I decided to take a break from my "100 Days in LA" series today to share my most-listened songs of May.



5. "Symphonia IX (My Wait Is U)" - Grimes
Ok, Grimes is my idol. She recorded Visions on Garageband in only a couple of weeks. She inspires me to create music and art, and this song is one of my favorite tracks from Visions... I've been listening to it a lot lately in order to motivate myself to make music as good as hers.


4. "Another Sunny Day" - Belle & Sebastian
I listened to The Life Pursuit in full recently, and this song stuck out to me. I heard it on the radio a couple of days later, and took it as a sign.


3. "I Need A Forest Fire" - James Blake, Bon Iver
James Blake's new album is fantastic, and any sign that Bon Iver is still making music is a very good thing.



2. "Fill in the Blank" - Car Seat Headrest
Car Seat Headrest's new album Teens of Denial has been so hyped up by music publications, and I must admit, I was very impressed. This song is a great opener, and got me really excited to listen to the rest of the LP.



1. "Threat of Joy" - The Strokes
Ok, ok... NEW STROKES!!!!!!!!!! I got a text Thursday morning that Julian Casablancas had dropped a new song, "OBLIVIUS," on Sirius XMU, and I actually let out a scream. I was so excited. I listened to the whole EP as soon as it was available on Spotify, loved it, and preordered a vinyl  copy. This is my favorite song.



What have you been listening to this month?

xx Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. Belle and Sebastian again! From that album I've only listened Dress up in you, that I really love. I love all of them that I've listened to, so I bet this one wont be an exception!

    ReplyDelete