a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, June 6, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Alfred Tea Room (day 20)

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


Ok, this has basically turned into a food blog - I'm sorry, it's just that there are so many cute and cool places to grab a bite in LA! Last weekend, I walked around the Melrose Place area and finally tried out Alfred Tea Room, the new offshoot of Alfred Coffee. 


I got an iced Chai Latte, which I was very happy with - it wasn't too sweet like some chais I've tried are. The interior of the Tea Room is this adorable pink, with a neon sign saying "Tea, yes. You, maybe." as the crown jewel. 


I also got a banana muffin, which was super yummy. 


I'd actually never been to the Isabel Marant store, but it's so beautiful! The exterior looks like a bungalow house, and the interior had a mirror installation.


A selfie was required, of course. Thanks to my reflective sunglasses, my mom makes an appearance in this one! If you were wondering, my dress is from American Apparel. 

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment