a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, June 9, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: The Broad Museum (day 24)

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


On Wednesday, I scored tickets to The Broad, so me and my friends made the trip downtown (and got some food at Grand Central Market before).


I got delicious homemade pasta, and one of my friends got paella (which he loved).


I wanted to get Eggslut, but breakfast time had already passed, and I felt I needed breakfast for the full experience.


(John Baldessari)


(Lichtenstein)


(Also Lichtenstein)


(I forgot this artist - if you know, please comment!)


(Koons)


(El Anatsui)


(Jean Michel Basquiat)

Two of the friends that I went with were in my Art History this year, and since our last day of school is today (Thursday), it was a nice little end to our year - it was so fun recognizing and explaining the works!

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I've always wanted to see a JMB in the flesh. Your 100 day in LA has looked so good so far! xo

    Zoe xo

    http://delicate--musings.blogspot.co.uk

    (prev. "m-eliorism" <3)

    ReplyDelete