a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Sunday, June 26, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: New Friends in Malibu (day 37)

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


On my 37/100th day, I met some new friends for lunch in Malibu. That's one thing about college I'm really excited for: I've basically had the same group of 100-ish people in my social circle since I was 5, so it's going to be great to make so many new friends from all over the world. Anyway, enough rambling - I wasn't very adventurous on day 37, sticking to my favorite, Malibu Farm Cafe.


My top is from American Apparel and my overalls are vintage. My buttons are from all over - vintage stores, museum gift shops, pen pals, etc.


I got the kale salad at Malibu Farm Cafe, which I've never actually tried before. I'm a tried-and-true fan of their Swedish Mini Pancakes, but I have to say, this salad was pretty good. I promise I'll get up to more interesting activities around LA in the next coming weeks.

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Love the dungarees and stripe combo! That salad looks delicious too x
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete