a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, July 8, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Alfred, Tatsu, MILK, and Melrose (day 53)

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.



It was my friend Thomas' last day in Los Angeles and my 47th-to-last, so we went on a whirlwind tour of some of my favorite spots before he had to go home. After swimming and sandwiches at my house, we drove over to Melrose Place to get chai at Alfred Tea Room. We walked around the area, gawked over Rachel Comey jeans and took photos in front of Isabel Marant.


I'm wearing...
top: Brandy Melville
skirt: vintage
shoes: Stan Smith Adidas
bag: Mansur Gavriel
choker: vintage


Then, we took a little walk down Melrose so I could finally check out (I mean, take photos in front of) the GIRLS TOUR mural on the side of Sorella Boutique.




After that little stop, we drove over to Tatsu Ramen, one of my favorite restaurants. This sign is in the back where you park:



Street art is abundant along Melrose, as you can see...


And finally, our last stop was dessert at Milk.


xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Lol I'v never noticed that sign behind Tatsu. Milk is so good too! I love their ice cream sandwiches!

    COLLEENWELSCH.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a funny sign! I want it for my house. Milk is delicious :)

      Delete