a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, July 14, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Bates Motel by Vincent Lamouroux (day 60)

The Bates Motel, a forgotten landmark in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Los Angeles, was transformed by French installation artists Vincent Lamouroux in 2015. He covered the whole building, including its surrounding palm trees (icons of LA), in white paint. It's been over a year now since the work was created, and while some of that paint has washed away, the effect is still amazing - and a little bit creepy. Also, very Instagrammable.

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


 On day sixty out of one-hundred (only forty days left!!!), I finally visited the Bates Motel... and of course, took some photos.











I'm wearing...

slip: vintage, from my grandma
skirt: vintage, from Rose Bowl Flea Market
t-shirt: Brandy Melville
shoes: Stan Smith Adidas


xx Alyssa

12 comments:

  1. Such cool pictures, love that last shot plus your skirt is so cute!

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! love your outfit!
    Chloe xx
    http://thechloebarnes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are so summery and happy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink skirt and the background for your photos. Good luck on the move too! Excited to see what happens

    The Blonde B

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks incredible! One of us is going to LA next week and can't wait to visit all these cool places (and get instagrammable pics) :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to have the best time in LA - so many walls to instagram, so little time!

      Delete
  6. Lovely outfit!

    https://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete