a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: El Matador State Beach x Yeah Tie Dye (day 65)

Malibu, California has some of the best - and most photographed - beaches in the world. When my best friend Honour and I went down to El Matador State Beach to take these photos yesterday, I don't think there was a single person there without a camera. 

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling 
my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


I'd never actually been to this beach before, and I was so pleasantly surprised. There's a bunch of cool rock formations (which is why it's photographed so much), and it's quite beautiful. I also love any chance I get to drive along Pacific Coast Highway, so that's a plus.

I'm wearing Yeah The Label's Indigo Daisy Bralet and Indigo Skinny Bottoms. My necklaces are vintage and my shorts are vintage Levi's.








In the last picture, you can get a glimpse of the camera-clad crowd waiting for sunset. There was even a big ~professional~ crew there, blocking off half of the beach, which kinda pissed me off. Alas, life goes on.


This was an iPhone pic, but take my word on this beach's beauty.

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment