a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Hosting an Out-Of-Towner (day 51)

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


Ok, the last time I did one of these posts it was day 37/100, so I'm sorry for procrastinating... anyway, it's now day 52/100, which means we're halfway through! I have less than 50 days left in Los Angeles! 

On July 4th, I picked up a friend from Alabama at Union Station downtown. First of all - he took the train all the way from Alabama! That's unfathomable to me. It's his first time visiting Los Angeles, so I wanted to show him my favorite parts of this big ass city. Yesterday, I took him to Abbot Kinney in Venice (when am I not there) for a little bit of walking, people-watching, and eating.


Here's a mirror selfy I took in this cute crystal shop. I'm wearing:
dress: Christy Dawn
hat: Columbia University Student Store (lol)
shoes: Stan Smith Adidas
bag: Mansur Gavriel




We fell in love with the couch inside of the Aviator Nation store.



Venice is definitely one of the most Instagrammable locations in LA - it has such a great selection of murals and street art. That was half the reason I brought my friend there.


Insta or it didn't happen, amiright?

xx Alyssa

2 comments: