a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Thursday, July 7, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Made in L.A. at the Hammer Museum (day 52)

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.



Every other summer, the Hammer Museum in Westwood holds an exhibition called Made In L.A. This year, the show, a, the, though, only, is on display until August 28th. On the fifty second day of my last 100 days in Los Angeles, I took my friend Thomas (who came here all the way from Alabama!) to the Hammer.







Check out a full list of artists involved here, and if you're in the area, the exhibition is definitely worth a visit. I love supporting local artists, and the Hammer offers free admission!

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. This series of posts is such a great concept Alyssa! I've been quite out of the blogging loop, but I can't wait to catch up with all the posts :) x Alona

    gentleconfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's hard to keep it up, but it's definitely motivated me to get out and explore my city!

      Delete