a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, July 11, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Rose Bowl Flea Market (day 56)

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


Yesterday, my mom and I took a trip out to Pasadena to go to the Rose Bowl Flea Market. I try to get out there a couple of times every year (it only happens once a month), but on the drive there, I realized I hadn't been since last February - so a visit was definitely due.

My favorite booths at flea markets are always the ones that sell plants and the ones that sell curated vintage clothing. There's a ton of giant treasure-trove booths that have rows and rows of vintage dresses, shoes, denim, etc., but the good stuff is always gone by the time I get there (or it's just too hard to find).



I mean, even booths with fake plants make me happy!


These next photos are all from the @courtyard_LA spot, which definitely got my business because 1/3 of profits from the day went to the families of Alton Sterling a Philando Castile. Their clothes were also super cute.



If you were wondering, I wore...

dress: Christy Dawn
shoes: Birkenstock Arizona sandals
bralet: Urban Outfitters
bag: Mansur Gavriel



Most of their clothes are all color-categorized, they're all in great condition, and the girl that runs it is super nice. I bought a pink silk slip and a pastel pink tennis skirt, as well as a cute cotton scarf from a different booth:


All in all, I'd say it was a good day. I ate a delicious taco and only got a tiny bit sunburned on my shoulders... success!

xx Alyssa

2 comments: