a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, July 18, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Yeah, I work out... at the Hollywood Reservoir (day 63)

I'm not much of an athlete. Like every other kid in Southern California (and probably most of the world, to be honest), I was part of a youth soccer league - my dad was the coach of my team, and still denies that he ever wore our pink jersey (I HAVE PHOTO EVIDENCE!!!). In middle school, I was never good enough to make it on the A-Team (our version of Varsity). In high school, I was a cheerleader, but let's be honest: I didn't do much. Not to discredit cheerleaders - my team was just really lax in comparison to most high school teams. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous about putting on the "freshman 15," as I don't even know how to work gym equipment... save me!!!

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


Nevertheless, in an attempt to sorta work out this summer, my mom and I did the Hollywood Reservoir loop. I'd never been before, but it really was beautiful. It's nice to see we have a little water, and there's really cool views of the Hollywood sign!




I wore:
workout


xx Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment