a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Saturday, July 16, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Zinqué and Olive & June (day 62)

Recently, I taught my mom about the magical phrase of Parks and Recreation fame, "treat yo self." When we go out around Los Angeles, we normally invite my brother; he's at a summer program right now though, so we have the freedom to do whatever self indulgent stuff we want (without him annoying us... love ya Cole!). This has lead to a lot of "treat yo self" moments.

I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


On day 62/100, we headed over to Zinqué, a frequently-Instagrammed restaurant on both Melrose Ave and Venice Blvd. I got a ham and cheese sandwich with fries (treat yo self!) and my mom, trying to be healthy, got a sandwich with a salad. It was quite delicious, if I do say so myself.


After lunch, we drove to Beverly Hills to visit Olive & June, a "new kind of neighborhood nail salon" with adorable decor, lovely staff, and even a pre-service survey on which I selected "squoval" for my preferred nail shape.



They had a great selection of nail polishes; I chose an off-white color by RBG Cosmetics, a brand that avoids including all of the "harsh stuff" in their polishes.



The chairs were leather, the beverages were served in the cutest IKEA cups, and the decor brightened my day.


My mom chose a bright orange, while my color was a cool, light gray. Three words for you: treat - yo - self.

xx Alyssa

2 comments: