a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, July 25, 2016

AMSTERDAM // day two

My second day in Amsterdam was even better than the first. In the morning, I ate a breakfast of poffertjes, which are traditional Dutch mini-pancakes that my mom definitely tried (and to my memory, succeeded) to make me when I was younger. After breakfast, I headed over to the Museum Quarter for a day full of staring at art - my kind of day! I took these photos in the garden outside of the Rijksmuseum before it got really crowded.




I'm wearing...
Top: Brandy Melville
Jacket: Acne Studios
Skirt: Reformation
Shoes: Stan Smith Adidas
Scarf: vintage
Bag: vintage Coach

It's Euro Pride right now in Amsterdam, and one of the streets I passed on my walk was decked out to fit the occasion.


First, I checked out the Van Gogh museum. I really loved it (especially the sunflower painting - that's my favorite of his), and the museum shop was top notch. After, I headed over to the Stebelijk Museum (modern and contemporary art), which was my favorite of the day. There were tons of cool exhibitions, galleries, and even a room where you could create your own art on the wall. I got to see
some neon work from one my favorite artists, Tracey Emin, and a photograph by one of my inspirations, Rineke Dijkstra. My brother also jumped in a ball pit, which was cool. Lunch at the museum cafe was great, too.





Next, we headed over to the Moco Museum, which was basically a renovated house - such a cool concept. The gift shop was in the kitchen! They were showing exhibitions on Banksy and Warhol; although I've seen a ton of Warhol work, I've never seen a Banksy piece, so it was really exciting for me. This was the only photo I got - a Bansky sculpture

.

All in all, I had a wonderful second day in Amsterdam, and I can't wait for the third! If you have any reocmmendations for me, please let me know. Also, I'm headed to Berlin in a couple of days, so recommendations for that city are welcome too!

xx Alyssa

12 comments:

  1. Great post !

    http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2016/07/walk-walk.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to visit Amsterdam, it looks so lovely. Hope you're having an amazing time! Love the photos btw
    xo kate
    http://www.collageofkate.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful! Thank you so much - more photos coming soon!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Amsterdam looks so beaut. Its very near the top of my list of places I want to travel!
    xo
    malimichaelablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, I definitely recommend it! I'll post more photos once I get home!

      Delete
  4. The history of the city and the beautiful architecture make it an incredible experience just to walk around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post!!

    Http://loraroad.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete