a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

WEAR YOUR SWIMSUIT AS CLOTHING

Hey friends!!! Ok, so here's my dilemma: I have so many cute swimsuits, but I don't get to the beach nearly enough to show them off as much as I'd like. I swim in the pool at my house once in a while, but no one gets to see my cute suits (no pool instas for me), and frankly, it's unfair. If we spend upwards of $100 per piece (I haven't, but I'm looking at you, Frankies Bikinis and Mikoh), we should be able to wear our cool swimsuits all the time!!!

So I did it. Today, I'm wearing my American Apparel black high waist swim bottoms over a pair of mesh leggings from Anna Sui. I must say, I look damn cool. It's somewhere between "I'm just about to go surfing" and "I'm in an 80s workout video," and I love it.






Enjoy these no-makeup pics as I took them in front of my house at 9:30 in the morning. I'm wearing:

swim bottoms: American Apparel
leggings: Anna Sui
shoes: Birkenstock Arizona
top: American Apparel

I was inspired by this pair of leggings by G.V.G.V. on Opening Ceremony's website:


Next up, I'll be wearing my cute bikini tops under a pair of overalls. Stay tuned.

xx Alyssa

8 comments:

  1. I love it! It's bold. Go for it 🙌🏼

    Tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. yasss, i also love bikini tops under overalls! The other day I was in the shop Rokit Vintage and noticed some of the staff (who are always dressed amazingly) wearing swimsuits as a kind of bodysuit alternative. It looks so cool :)
    malimichaelablog.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing a lot of people wearing one piece suits as bodysuits, and it really is SO cool! Also - I love Rokit!!!

      Delete
  3. This is such a cool and edgy idea, I'm so happy I found your blog.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete