a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, August 22, 2016

100 DAYS IN LA: Straight Hair & Sunsets (day 99)

Day 99... can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday, I was getting ready for senior year, college applications, and all that boring/stressful stuff. Summer went by extremely fast. Some of my friends that are going to colleges on the quarter system don't leave for another month! Honestly, at this point, I'm kinda bored, and I'm happy that summer is over and I can finally start the next chapter in my life. Sorry for the cheesiness. 
 
I'm moving to New York City at the end of August 2016 to begin my freshman year at Columbia University. As a born and bred Californian girl, I have mixed feelings about leaving for the East Coast. For my 'goodbye' to the city I've called home for the past 13 years of my life, I'll be chronicling my last 100 days on this blog before the big move.


On day 99/100, I went to the salon and got a Brazilian Blowout in order to prepare myself for NYC humidity. My hair is thick, wavy/curly, and ridiculously frizzy, so this was a must. I've never actually gotten this process done on my hair before, and I just washed it (as I'm writing this), so we'll see how it turns out. I'm expecting it to have less curl and more wave... and hopefully no frizz. Fingers crossed!

My hair is never this straight; I never blow it dry, and I only straighten it fully 2-3 times a year. You can see my natural highlights really well in these photos - it's so strange! It kinda looks like I just have grown-out ginger highlights. 



One of my favorite parts of where I live is the proximity to the beautiful Pacific Ocean. My high school was in the canyon where all of these roads wind their way around the mountains over to the ocean; a couple of school friends (who will all be sophomores in college this coming year) and I drove up Stunt Road to watch the sunset, finishing summer.



Morgan (my photographer friend that I've mentioned before) wanted me to take a basic white girl pic of him. It turned out pretty fantastic.



xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment