a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Saturday, August 6, 2016

AMSTERDAM // day three

Hey, it's been a while! After updating you all with photos from my first two days in Amsterdam, I realized that posting from my phone was probably one of the most time-consuming and annoying things ever. Hey, Blogger, get on that iPhone app! Needless to say, I gave up on live, day-by-day updates, so now that I'm back at home in LA, I can't wait to share the rest of my photos with you all!

We started off my third day in Amsterdam with a walk through Bloemenmarkt, the flower market along the canals. It was pretty touristy, but definitely cute. Tons of tulips, and this pretty roof of one tent!


I absolutely loved walking around Amsterdam because it's so easy (everyone either walks or bikes) and beautiful. Every canal is a new sight to take in.


It's also a great city for cafés, including this adorable vintage shop-café combination. "Come in, find treasures, drink coffee, be happy," the sign outside read. My brother picked up an awesome vintage Russian sailor top here.


I stayed in an area of Amsterdam called the 9 Straatjes, "nine streets" (in English) of cute boutiques, cafés, and restaurants. Every morning, we'd walk over to get a croissant and a cappuccino. Later in the day, we'd hit the stores; in the first of many Acne Studios purchases I made on this trip, I bought the Pin jeans in black! I'll do a big haul post soon so you can see everything I brought back.


After shopping, I got a date bar and a smoothie (both SO delicious) at the Cold Pressed Juicery in the 9 Straatjes.


Stay tuned for more photos!

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment