a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Sunday, August 28, 2016

IRRESISTIBLE ME // hair extensions before & after

A couple of weeks ago, I showed you guys my new real hair extensions that Irresistible Me kindly sent me to try out. My first impressions were great, and I wore them on my little adventure to DTLA with my friend Morgan who took a ton of cool photos of me with them on. Irresistible Me carries a wide range of 100% human hair extensions; I picked the color Medium Brown in their Silky Touch line. Mine are the 20" inch and 200g option. Every since I first tried them out I've been dying to wear them again, so I had my wonderful mother (thanks mom!) take some before and after photos of me, plus a couple of cute styling ideas. 

Here's the before: 


I actually got a Brazilian Blowout a couple of days ago and I haven't washed my hair, so it's very straight and smooth right now. This was nice because the extensions are the same texture, so it was really easy to blend them into my hair. 

Here's the after:

      


I think the best way to blend the extensions well is to make sure they are the same color and texture as your real hair. If your hair is straight, make sure the extensions are straight. If you have a blunt cut, I would suggest curling both your real hair and the extensions to blend out the ends of your real hair.

I was getting some 70s vibes with my parted (overgrown) bangs and long hair, so I went for braids:



One of my favorite styles is the milkmaid/crowd braid, and it's sooooo easy with hair this long! Normally, I have to stick a ton of bobby pins in my hair and braid/pull it super tight to hide the ends and make sure it stays up, but with extensions it, it's just a couple of bobby pins and then I'm done.



I can't wait to try out more styles with these extensions in. Until next time! 

xx Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. I also was sent these a while ago! I love mine, they are honestly so amazing and wash up so well!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete