a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, August 15, 2016

STOCKHOLM // day two + OOTD

I started off my second day in Stockholm with a boat tour around some of the islands that are part of the city's Archipelago. It was such a beautiful day!


After the boat tour, I walked down to Södermalm, one of the main islands filled with tons of cute stores and cafés. Of course, I stumbled upon another Acne Studios store.


I'm wearing...

dress: Zara
shoes: Stan Smith Adidas
scarf: vintage
backpack: Fjällräven

I also visited the Fotografiska (photography museum) on Södermalm, which I loved but didn't take any photos in because it seemed kind of ridiculous to take photos of photos. Then, I walked to  Moderna Museet, Stockholm's modern museum. To my delight, a huge exhibition of Yayoi Kusama's work was on display.




This last piece, Narcissus Garden, is one of my favorite of all time. I actually studied is as part of my AP Art History curriculum last year, so it was amazing to see it in person. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos on my third and last day in Stockholm, since it was a little hectic with packing and planning for my flight back home. This was one of the best trips I have ever taken; I saw so many beautiful cities, visited some of the world's coolest museums, ate great food, and generally had a great time. Until next time, Europe!

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. wooah more amazing art, makes me want to travel again so much!

    malimichaelablog.blogspot.com
    xox

    ReplyDelete