a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

BROOKLYN DAY: Indoor Flea Market, Smorgasburg, Williamsburg

This past weekend is my Fall Break (because of Election Day on Tuesday) and I had my last midterm last week, so I've been using all my free time to explore NYC. On Saturday, my friend and I went to the first indoor flea market of the season near Park Slope in this beautiful cathedral. There were some great stalls there, and I even picked up a pair of perfectly distressed black overalls for $10! I'll try to get them in an outfit post soon.


The basement of the cathedral held Smorgasburg, a collection of awesome street food vendors; I finally got to try the Ramen Burger everyone is raving about!!! I know, I know, stereotypical - it was great, though. 


We took the subway from Park Slope to Williamsburg, where I saw this awesome mural:


I took my friend to my favorite coffee shop, Sweatshop, on Metropolitan Ave. in Williamsburg. Their cappuccinos are perfect, and the atmosphere is so cute - tons of people just sit in their small space for hours doing work or reading magazines!


We stumbled into a Brooklyn Comic Fair going on and discovered some awesome artists.


I ended the day with a beautiful sunset back uptown on campus. I took the elevator to the 13th floor of my dorm building to get this shot..... give me some credit.


xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, this sounds like such a cute little outing! That sunset picture was totally worth it, dw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who thought so!!

      Delete