a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO LATELY

What's up!! Clearly, I've been less active on this blog since I've moved to NYC and started studying at Columbia, but for good reason. Other than my classes, I've been getting involved in a ton of extracurriculars that I want to share with you.

If you want to read some more of my work that's not on this blog, check out Written Citizen and Hoot Magazine. Hear my thoughts on Being Blonde, check out my guide on How To Cry In New York City, and discover the awesome musician Princess Nokia. I've been writing for Written Citizen for the past couple of months, and I just joined the team at Hoot Magazine (Columbia University's only fashion mag) as the Blog Editor. Also, my art and music was recently featured on Ratrock Magazine. Here's an awesome photo they took of me for the website:


Other than all of the student organizations I'm a part of here on campus, I'm also in a band!!! I'm singing and doing our drum loops live. Here's a rad photo my friend and fellow band member, Seb, took of one of our practices:


We're going to start playing shows at the end of the month, which I'm really excited about. More photos (and audio) from that project coming soon.

xx Alyssa

2 comments: