a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, December 5, 2016

NEW FRIENDS, OLD FRIENDS, SAME SUN

It's weird to think that right now is the time of greatest exposure to new people I'll ever experience. It's kinda weird, being thrown into a big university when you've spent all 13 years of your education so far in a grade no larger than 130 people. As my high school friends went home for Thanksgiving break and I stayed in New York, I thought a lot about my two worlds of "home" and "away." 

This photo of me was taken by a New Friend, Nancy, at the beginning of the school year when it was still nice and hot out. We walked down to Riverside Park and found a nice tennis court where our other friend skated and Nancy took some photos.


I snapped this blurry iPhone shot while waiting at the subway station for my friend from high school to arrive. He goes to school in Maine now, but he was spending Thanksgiving Break with family in New Jersey, and decided to take the train in for the day to explore the city.


I took this selfie as I was getting ready to go out with a friend I met at a summer program in 2015 that now goes to school in Connecticut but is from Manhattan. She was in town for Thanksgiving break, so we went to a part in Bushwick that my friends were DJing at. If you were wondering, my necklaces are from Topshop and my bodysuit is from Urban Outfitters.


One of my best friends from high school decided to make a spontaneous trip up from DC (where he's at college) to NYC with a couple of his friends. We met up at one of my favorite brunch spots, Bluestone Lane, and I had to take a photo of our drinks. Sorry to be basic - Bluestone Lane has some of the best coffee I've had in the city so far.


I watched the sunrise over the weekend with a New Friend, Henry, who might as well be an Old Friend - he's also from LA, and not only do we have a ton of mutual friends, but we've been in the same room multiple times and just never met until now.


xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment