a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

THANK GOD MY FRIENDS ALWAYS LOOK SO COOL

Now that I have a nice, compact camera that I bring nearly everywhere, I've been able to capture a ton of moments of my friends just looking so unbelievably cool. People also seem to grab the camera away and take photos of me, which I'm always grateful for. 


This is me with my friend Cassidy inside of CU Records, the student-run recording studio on Columbia's campus. It was opening night (even though a select few, including the band that I play with, have been using the space for the past semester), so Jazz House came and played around while people checked out the studio. Cassidy always has the best color schemes going on, and this picture gives me seriously Cassie and Effy vibes. 


We went to Seb's apartment afterwards to chill and play some music. Seb plays bass in Gold Medal, but had his guitar out that night instead.


The next night, we went over to Tim's place to work on mixing songs for our EP. I think they're getting a little annoyed at all of my picture taking, but if this one isn't the epitome of cool, I don't know what is.


Tim took a photo of me getting sleepy during the 5th hour of the mixing session. I was wearing my vintage dark wash 501s, a tank top from brandy melville, and a jacket from asos. My band members labeled me as "western girl" ..... must be the fringe.

xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment