a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Monday, January 2, 2017

THE FIRST SUNRISE OF 2017: malibu, california

Well... hello 2017! After a fun night of ringing in the New Year, my friends and I woke up at 6 AM to make it down to the beach in Malibu in time for the first sunrise of 2017. I brought my new camera to capture the moment.


The beach was completely empty and quiet.


We watched the sky turn from black to dark blue to purple to pink to orange to yellow to bright blue.


The ocean was too cold for us to jump in, but we took our shoes off and ran around the shore, savoring every opportunity to get the sand in between our toes before we all head back to college in different states.


It was one of the most beautiful sunrises I had ever seen, and it felt so great to be there on the first day of this new chapter with some of my closest friends.


I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day... here's a little reminder to stick to your resolutions!!!

xx Alyssa

4 comments:

  1. These photos are gorgeous! Happy New Year Alyssa!

    LEXI LIKES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, happy new year lexi!!

      Delete
  2. These photos though!! <3 and i'm loving the new banner xox
    happy new year!!
    malimichaelablogblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete